JQS Media Privacy Statement, & Cookies
JQS Media is committed to protecting your privacy. This policy explains how we collect and use the personal information you provide to us whether online or via phone, mobile, e-mail, letter or other correspondence. We recommend that you read this policy in full, but if you do not have time, the main points are:
- Your data is collected so that we can interact with you in order to discuss any product or service request you have made, are in progress or ongoing. Data is also stored for invoice and tax purposes.
- We collect the minimum amount of data we need in order to do this.
- You can ask for your details to be removed from our systems at any time, however, please be aware some details may require keeping by us for invoice and tax purposes. You are also entitled to a copy of the data we hold about you.
By using our website, or any of our services, or providing us with any personal information, we will assume you are agreeing to your information being used and disclosed in the ways described in this policy.
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), effective from May 2018, gives all EU citizens more rights and protections for their personal data, to minimise the possibility of theft and fraud.
These regulations include provisions for the following areas:
- The right to be informed: Companies must publish a privacy notice, in addition to explaining transparently how they use this personal data.
- The right of access: Individuals will have the right to demand details of any of their data that a company may hold. This information must be provided within one month of request and there will normally be no charge to the individual.
- The right to rectification: If a person’s data is incorrect or incomplete, he or she has the right to have it corrected. If the company that holds the information has passed any of that information to third parties, the company must inform the third party of the correction and inform the person which third parties have their personal data.
- The right to be forgotten: A person may request the removal of his or her personal data in specific circumstances.
- The right to restrict processing: Under certain circumstances, an individual can block the processing of his or her personal data.
- The right to data portability: A person can access their data for their own use anywhere they prefer.
- The right to object: A person can object to the use of their personal data for most purposes.
1.0 OUR CORE PRINCIPLES REGARDING USER PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION
- User privacy and data protection are inviolable human rights
- We have a duty of care to people contained within our data
- Data is a liability: it should only be collected and processed when absolutely necessary
- We object to spam in all its forms
- We will never sell, rent or otherwise distribute or make public your personal information
2.0 RELEVANT LEGISLATION
Alongside our business and internal computer systems, this website is designed to comply with the following national and international legislation with regards to data protection and user privacy:
- UK Data Protection Act 1988 (DPA)
- EU Data Protection Directive 1995 (DPD)
- EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
This site’s compliance with the above legislation, all elements of which are stringent in nature, means that this site is likely compliant with the data protection and user privacy legislation set out by many other countries and territories as well.
3.0 PERSONAL INFORMATION AND WHY WE COLLECT IT
In carrying out our day-to-day activities we process and store minimal personal information relating to our beneficiaries and supporters and we are therefore required to adhere to the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998. We ensure the personal information we obtain is held, used, transferred and otherwise processed in accordance with that Act and all other applicable data protection laws and regulations.
The website www.jqsmedia.co.uk collects and uses personal information for the following reasons:
3.1 Site visitation tracking
Like most websites, this site uses Google Analytics to track user interaction. The data we collect from this is only basic such as what pages have been viewed, where they came from, and country of origin. We do not collect data sensitive information such as date of birth through this. We use this data to determine the number of people using our site, to better understand how they find and use our web pages and to see their journey through the website.
Although Google Analytics records data such as your approximate geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system, none of this information personally identifies you to us. Google Analytics also records your computer’s IP address which could be used to personally identify you but Google do not grant us access to this. We consider Google to be a third party data processor (see section 6.0 below).
Disabling cookies on your internet browser will stop Google Analytics from tracking any part of your visit to pages within this website.
3.2 Contact Forms and Email Links
Should you choose to contact, none of the data that you supply will be stored by this website or passed to / be processed by any of the third party data processors defined in section 6.0. Instead the data will be collated into an email and sent to us over the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP).
3.3 Email newsletter
JQS Media does not currently send any regular email newsletters or updates.
By making a purchase you are giving us consent to store information about you so that we can manage and supply your purchases.
Information will be passed onto our third party data processors, PayPal (see section 4.0 below). We need to keep records of sales information in order to comply with UK tax laws.
4.0 CREDIT, DEBIT CARD PAYMENT INFORMATION
We use PayPal to process personal data on our behalf. The third parties we use are PayPal.
Paypal process payments for any products purchased. We do not retain any financial information you may submit as part of the purchasing process.
PayPal monitor every transaction, 24/7 to prevent fraud, email phishing and identity theft. Every transaction is heavily guarded behind PayPal’s advanced encryption. If something appears suspicious, their dedicated team of security specialists will identify suspicious activity and help protect you from fraudulent transactions.
5.0 ABOUT THIS WEBSITE’S SERVER
Our website is hosted on a server that is hosted in a UK data centre, and all data on this server is kept within the UK. This is managed by equiphase.net
6.0 YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to:
- request a copy of the information we hold about you;
- update or amend the information we hold about you if it is wrong;
- change your communication preferences at any time;
- ask us to remove your personal information from our records;
- object to the processing of your information for marketing purposes; or
- raise a concern or complaint about the way in which your information is being used.
7.0 DATA PROTECTION OFFICER and DATA CONTROLLER
The data protection officer for JQS Media is:
Jason Michael Shurey, 30 Wembley Avenue, Lancing, West Sussex BN15 9JZ, 07765 817429, email@example.com
8.1 Change log
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work better, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. A cookie often contains a unique number, which can be used to recognise your computer when a user of your computer returns to a website that it visited previously.
Changing your cookie preferences
The “Help” menu in the toolbar of most web browsers will tell you how to change your browser’s cookie settings, including how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable cookies altogether. An online guide is available if you have difficulties trying to change your browser settings.
We have classified our cookies into two broad types – ‘first party cookies’ and ‘third party cookies’:
We use Google Analytics cookies which help us monitor the site and improve it to make your experience better.
We also use some social media cookies which allow you to interact with our website through various social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Our content management system will also set cookies without which the site could not function.
In addition, cookies may be either ‘session cookies’ or ‘persistent cookies’. Your computer automatically removes session cookies once you close your browser. Persistent cookies will survive on your computer until an expiry date specified in the cookie itself is reached.
We do not use third party cookies that track your usage on this and other websites to serve advertising.